The Google Ads Grant program is a philanthropic initiative by Google that provides nonprofit organizations with in-kind advertising on the Google Ads platform. This program allows eligible nonprofit organizations to receive free advertising on Google, giving them access to the search engine giant’s vast network of users and helping them to raise awareness and funds for their cause.
Here’s what you should know to get started taking advantage of this worthwhile opportunity.
First, there are some rules you should know before getting started including an application process. Our team of pros has the experience it takes to help you manage everything from start to finish, so you can focus on what you do best…work to fulfill your nonprofit organization’s mission.
Who Is Eligible for the Google Ads Grants Program?
To be eligible for the Google Ads Grants Program, your organization must be registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in the United States, have a valid charity status, be in good standing, and agree to Google’s terms and conditions. There is an application that must be completed properly and completely.
How Do You Apply For a Google Ads Grant, And What are the Eligibility Requirements?
There is a process involved to apply for a Google for Nonprofits account. As mentioned above you must be a 501c3 nonprofit organization in good standing for acceptance into the program. First, you need to register your nonprofit organization with TechSoup. TechSoup is an organization that handles your verification process. If you are already registered with Tech Soup, make sure you have your verification token handy. Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for this Google Ads Grant program.
- Government entity or organization
- Hospitals or healthcare organizations
- School, academic institution, or university
Your nonprofit organization’s website is an important part of whether you are approved for this Google Ads Grant program. A strong well-designed optimized website will provide better results. Your website must be a mobile-friendly secure site. It must include your nonprofit’s mission statement and a clear description of your activities and events. This includes relevant up-to-date content and clear calls to action that provides an enjoyable user experience. Your website must load quickly, and have no broken links on any pages. It is very important that your website includes content that is unique to your nonprofit organization.
After your application is submitted, you will be notified by email whether you are accepted. This could take several months. When you are accepted, keep in mind there are several rules and best practices you need to follow to stay eligible for the program. This is how we can help. Take a look at the advantages of Google Grants.
The Advantages of Google Ads Grants
- Provides non-profits with access to a large and highly targeted audience. By using Google Ads, you can reach potential donors and volunteers who are interested in your cause, which can help to increase awareness of all the great work you and your organization are doing.
- Allows your non-profit to track the effectiveness of your advertising campaigns. Google Ads provides detailed information about the number of people who have seen and clicked on an ad, which can help you to understand how well your ads are performing and make adjustments as needed.
- Offers non-profits access to a wide range of advertising tools and features. For example, you can use Google Ads to target ads to specific locations, demographics, and interests, which can help to ensure that your ads are reaching the right people.
- Provide a valuable opportunity for non-profits to advertise your cause on Google search results and other Google platforms at no cost. It’s also an opportunity to open up your budget to work with a qualified Google Ads agency like us.
Get Started With Google Ads Grants
We are your Google Grants ad agency in Northeast Ohio. This advertising opportunity is an amazing program that can help you create awareness and grow your nonprofit. But it can be complex and time-consuming to apply and manage. That’s where we come in. We can work with you, create visually appealing ads, and apply proper SEO that will maximize the overall impact of your campaigns. We will also monitor the ads’ performance and make adjustments when necessary for success. Our Cleveland, Ohio team is already helping YMCA and the United Way make the most of their Google Ad Grants and are exceeding their goals. Let’s discuss strategies that will exceed your expectations, too. Contact us today.